At Salo Sciences we’re working to reduce catastrophic wildfires and conserve forests as a means to fight climate change. Join our growing team of scientists and engineers building next-generation tech solutions for conservation and climate change mitigation around the planet.
Submit your resume by emailing us at email@example.com:
- Cite the position in the subject line. Example: “Salo: Research Ecologist”
- Attach your resume or curriculum vitae
- Include one-page cover letter describing your fit for the position
- (Optional) Attach any relevant appendix material (GitHub account, list of current/previous projects)
We look forward to hearing from you.
Geospatial Software Developer
Automation, data management, API development
We’re developing software to process satellite imagery into maps of forest structure that get updated on a regular basis, providing a dynamic view of wildfire hazard. This new monitoring system is in its early phases of development—come design and develop the software architecture behind a new approach to mapping wildfire exposure with cutting edge technology.
- Automate geospatial data processing routines
- Design and maintain geospatial-friendly scalable cloud data processing and storage architecture
- Schedule processing routines to automatically download, process & store data
- Begin designing an API to enable mixed public/private data access
- Develop unit and integration tests for existing Salo software
- Python development
- Geospatial software development or experience with geospatial data
- Distributed computing
- Cloud-computing platforms
- GCP (preferred) or AWS
- API development
- GeoServer, GeoTrellis, OpenLayers, PostGIS
- Kubernetes, Dask, Xarray
- Django, Postgres